Community Energy England collaborates with electricity networks, campaigning organisations, community and environmental advocacy organisations and other community energy hubs across England. All our collaborations are intended to strengthen and extend our work supporting community energy organisation and helping the sector to grow.
We also collaborate with community energy networks across Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland in order to develop a coherent and co-ordinated voice to influence UK energy policy.
Regional and other UK networks
Community Energy England works closely with other community energy hubs and networks in regions of England and other UK nations:
- Community Energy Wales
- Community Energy Scotland
- Community Energy South
- Community Energy London
- Bristol Energy Network
- Devon Community Energy Network
- Zero Carbon Yorkshire
- REScoop.eu (Europe-wide community energy)
Local Energy Hubs
We also work closely with Local Energy Hubs and the BEIS Local Energy Team, which was established to support Local Enterprise Partnerships (LEPs) and local authorities in England to help them undertake the initial stages of development for priority energy projects, up to the point where they are able to secure finance. Local Energy Hubs are responsible for distributing the Rural Community Energy Fund.
Stakeholder and working groups
A core part of Community Energy England's work is representing the community energy sector when electricity networks, regulators, government and other organisations create stakeholder and working groups to feed into their policy processes and strategic planning.
Various members of our team currently represent Community Energy England and the sector on a number panels and advisory groups, including:
- Electricity North West - Community and Local Energy Working Group
- Electricity North West - Sustainability Advisory Panel
- Energy Networks Association - Community Energy Forum
- Energy Networks Association - Open Networks Advisory Group
- Greater Lincolnshire LEP Energy Council
- Greater Manchester Local Energy Markets Project - Stakeholder Panel
- Next Generation - Expert Advisory Group
- Northern Powergrid - Community Energy Stakeholder Panel
- Ofgem - Sustainability Advisory Panel
- Project LEO - Stakeholder Advisory Board
- Sheffield City Region Co-operative Advisory Panel
- SP Energy Networks - Strategic Stakeholder Panel
Previous stakeholder input includes:
- Centre for Sustainable Energy - 'Smart and Fair?' Expert Stakeholder Workshops
- REBUS (Renovation for Energy Efficient Buildings) Project - Local Stakeholder meetings